5 Quick Bits of News
Rob Foldy Is Getting Married Tomorrow!
That’s right, my buddy, Sports Photographer, KelbyOne Instructor, Miami Marlins Team Photographer, Frequent Grid Guest, and all over SupaLuva Rob Foldy is settling down with a wonderful gal, late tomorrow afternoon. The wifey and I are heading up for the wedding; Brad “Braddo” Moore will be there and I expect his beard to be in full bloom this time of year, so it should be a spectacular wedding. Congrats to Rob and his lovely wife-to-be Amanda! Please have Spray Cheese and Chicken in a Biskit at the reception. The crowd will love it!
I’m off to the Imaging USA Conference on Sunday in Nashville
I’ll be doing a book signing at Rocky Nook (publishers of my new book, “The Flash Book”) on Monday at 11:30 am. If you’re at the show hope you’ll come on by. They are in booth #767 (they’ll have lots of my other books for sale, too!). Also, look for Erik “DCATS” Kuna with me at the show as we chat about Disney Cruises, Amazon, Tesla and Space X as we walk between meetings. ;-) Hope I see you there!
Oh man, this interview was a blast!
I was the guest on Steve Brazill’s “Behind The Shot” Podcast this week, and he is such a great interviewer, and we had so much fun. We dissected some of my shoots and talked about all kinds of stuff. Such fun – you can check it out right here (thanks Steve for the honor of being on your show. I totally had a ball!). You can watch it / listen below.
The Deadline for Entries for your own gallery showing is this coming Monday! Ack!
KelbyOne members — this could be your chance to have your own private gallery showing – the Deadline to enter is the 15th of this month, so make sure you enter. Go right now! (note: contest only open to current KelbyOne Pro members)
Photoshop World 2018 Registration is Now Open!
We’re in Orlando, at the beautiful Hyatt Regency Convention Center, May 31-June 2, 2018 and right now you can still reserve a room, at our special attendee discount rate, right there at the Hyatt and stay right in the heart of everything (it’s also where all our staff and instructors stay). Here’s a link to the travel page – reserve your room now, and we’ll see you in just a few months.
Coupla last minute things:
- Did you check out Dave William’s post here Tuesday on shooting for stock photography? You should (here’s the link).
- Thanks for making my book, “The Flash Book” the #1 bestselling book in the Flash Category on Amazon. You guys rock!
- Congrats to the University of Alabama for their big National Championship win (said the proud father of a Bama student). #rolltide!
- If you’re a photographer that has been wanting to learn how to shoot DSLR video, watch this short course, this weekend
- Awesome episode of The Grid this week with LA-based Digital Tech Clay Rasmussen. He was in town taping a KelbyOne class on CaptureOne (to be released Feb. 7th). We talked about this “hidden gig” in the photography world. Definitely worth checking out (he was a really great guest!). You can catch it over here.
Have a fantastic weekend everybody. Hope I see you at Rob’s Wedding, or in Nashville Sunday or Monday, or back on the Grid on Wednesday. :)
P.S. Here’s the trailer for how shoot DSLR video for beginners (it’s got a wedding photography angle, because that’s one of the biggest uses, but the techniques are the same no matter what you’re shooting. You’ll learn a lot).