….if you’re looking for tweets from me like, “I just dropped my son off at soccer practice” or “Listening to “Precious” by Depeche Mode while retouching pictures.” (Sorry RC—I couldn’t help myself).
I want to use my Twitter account for something different.
- Sometimes I have something I want to share, but it’s a day or two before I can blog about it (for example, one day Larry Becker called me to let me know about a site that was selling 8GB San Disk Extreme memory cards for $89, but they were offering an $89 mail-in rebate. Basically, they were free! We bought a bunch). I was dying to tell everyone, but by the time I could blog it the next day—they were gone.
- Sometimes I need input on an idea and I need it really quickly.
- Sometimes I need your opinion on a training class I’m thinking of doing, or something I want to add to a seminar or workshop, or something I’m thinking of adding to Photoshop World, and I need a direct connection for feedback.
- Sometimes I need to get the word out about something and I need your help spreading the word.
- Sometimes I want to find out how you feel about a particular topic I’m thinking about blogging about, or writing an article about it. Sometimes I want to gauge the general feeling about a controversial topic I might be tackling, and want to hear what you think before I make it public.
But for this to work, it has to be a two-way street, right? So, for your help and input, here’s my end of the deal:
- I’ll give you advance notice on all sorts of things I’m working on, including new seminars or online classes I’m developing; when books are hitting stores, or which books I’m working on, or when we’re considering a city for a seminar, or anything cool coming down the road.
- I’ll give you the inside early notice on anything where I wouldn’t be violating an embargo or an NDA (non-disclosure agreement).
- I’ll keep an eye out for cool deals, great photography, special deals, or anything else that I think you’d want to check out, and I’ll share those with you.
- You’ll learn things on Twitter before it goes live on my blog, and I’ll discuss things that aren’t necessarily right for the blog.
- I’ll respect your time and won’t abuse this pipeline between us. My tweets will be short and sweet, and to the point.
I also won’t be tweeting every day, or on any regular schedule at all. When I’ve got something to share, or need your input, that’s when you’ll hear from me, so I won’t become a high-maintenance twitter nuisance.
One more thing: I won’t be able to answer Photoshop questions, or photography gear questions, or stuff like that on Twitter (so, I’m not starting a help desk, Q&A line, or anything like that), but I will do my best to make sure if you do follow me, I’ll make it worth your while.
Now you know the scoop, and if that all sounds like something you’d be in to, I invite you to follow me by clicking here.
Hey, by the way; at lunch today, I had a really great whole grain bread (just kidding—-that was a “Stunt Tweet,” just to see if you were really paying attention). ;-)