The Vincent Versace Award for Digital Photographic Excellence (often referred to as “The Vinnie”), is a special award within the photo category of the Photoshop World Guru Awards (the Gurus competition is sponsored by B&H Photo, and is open to all Photoshop World full conference attendees, and entry to the Guru Award competition is free for registered attendees).
The idea behind “The Vinny” prize package is that it provides the winner with all these incredible tools (provided by the Vinny sponsors) as a way to remove as many of the barriers of creativity as technology can, so there are no obstacles standing in the way of the artist. The award winner is chosen by Vincent himself from all the entries in the Photography category.
Here’s the prize list (to be awarded during the Photoshop World opening keynote September 7th in Las Vegas):
– Signed 24×30 print from Vincent Versace (shown above)
– An Epson R3000 printer
– Adobe Photoshop CS5
– Wacom Intous tablet
– All the plug-ins
– All the OnOne Software plug-ins
– Westcott 5 in 1 reflector
– A Lowe Pro Slingshot camera bag
– Lexar Compact Flash Cards
– Tuition to the Maine Media Workshops workshop (not including transportation, food & housing)
– A Hoodman Loupe
– An Enduro Tripod
– X-Rite i1Display Pro and ColorChecker Passport
– 13×19 Pina Zangaro portfolio
– A signed copy of Vincent’s new book “Welcome to Oz 2.0”
– One year subscription to KelbyTraining Online
– All of Acme Educational’s DVD tutorials
– All the lint in Vincent’s pocket
– Some cash (not much)
– Some Vegemite (too much)
If you’re going to Photoshop World in Vegas, here’s where you go for more details or to enter your work in the competition. Our thanks to Vincent for arranging such an amazing list of tools for the award winner.