Will You Be The Next Featured Artist in “The Gallery at KelbyOne?”
Above: Some images from our gallery opening for KelbyOne member, and the first artist featured in “The Gallery at KelbyOne,” photographer Mark Wegner (seen in the top left image).
Wednesday on ‘The Grid” Kalebra announced some very exciting news — we’re opening submissions again for KelbyOne members to be considered for their own “solo artist gallery show” in our photographic gallery located at our headquarters in Tampa. It’s called “The Gallery at KelbyOne.”
Our goal behind the gallery is to find an undiscovered artist within our KelbyOne community that we can raise up, celebrate, and expose them and their work to a wider audience.
Here’s how it works:
- From the submissions, we will choose a single winner (here’s the link to submit a link to your portfolio, or Facebook album, or online gallery – we’re looking for a body of work) Note: this competition is only open to KelbyOne members.
- We will fly that winner (from anywhere in the world) and a guest of their choosing to the gallery for their solo gallery showcasing their work, where we’ll feature 14-18 of their images (beautifully printed and displayed by Bay Photo Lab)
- They will cut the ribbon on their solo gallery opening welcoming the crowd to a wine and cheese reception held in their honor that evening in the gallery
- Following the reception, we’ll move to our theater for an interview with the artist, streamed live around the world
- The artist will receive all the prints from the exhibition (courtesy of Bay Photo Lab), and one of their images will be included in our permanent collection
Note: The deadline for submissions is: May 15, 2017, at 11:59 PM EDT.
Here’s a short behind-the scenes video from our last opening, featuring photographer Mark Wegner.
For a detailed Q&A on how this all works, check out my post from the previous opening (here’s the link).
We asked our first featured artist, the wonderful Mark Wegner, to share a bit about his experience at his gallery opening. Here’s what Mark had to say:
“I’ve been fortunate to participate in some gallery showings over the years but never a solo show. The staff, the professionalism, and of course the physical show itself at ‘ The Gallery at KelbyOne’ far exceeded my already high expectations when I was initially informed of my selection. Even as my photography career continues to move forward, I am not sure the experience at Kelby One could ever be equaled. It’ll be a memory for both myself and my family that’ll last a lifetime.” –Mark Wegner
You could be next. :)
Once again, here’s the submission link for KelbyOne members. I wish you all good luck, and I hope to meet you in person soon at your own gallery opening. :)
Have a great weekend,