Call For Entries: The Gallery at KelbyOne
I’m happy to announce that we are now accepting entries to have your own solo gallery showing at The Gallery at KelbyOne, in Tampa, Florida. Our last winner, Melanie Kern Favilla is an engineer on the Long Island Railroad. Our first winner, Mark Wegner was an art director. Our next winner could be you. If you’re thinking there’s no way you could win, that’s exactly what Melanie and Mark both said. The only way you don’t have a chance is if you don’t enter.
If you’re thinking there’s no way you could win, that’s exactly what Melanie and Mark both said. The only way you don’t have a chance is if you don’t enter.
Here’s a quick one-minute video with the details:
Here’s how to enter:
- Here’s where you submit a link to your portfolio, or Facebook album, or Flickr page, or online gallery – (we’re looking for a body of work – at least 20 images) Note: this competition is only open to KelbyOne members.
- From the submissions, we will choose a single winner. It could be you. If it is, we’ll fly you and a guest (from anywhere in the world) to the gallery in Tampa, Florida for a solo gallery showcasing your work, where we’ll feature approximately 18 of your images, beautifully printed and displayed by Bay Photo Lab using their amazing Xpozer system.
- The evening of the opening, you will welcome the crowd to a wine and cheese reception held in your honor that evening in the gallery where they can see your work, and get a chance to chat with you in person.
- Following the reception, we’ll move to our theater for an interview with you about your work, your life, your inspirations, and well…you. It will be streamed live around the world (along with behind-the-scenes images of the opening, and photos of your work).
- When it’s all over, you will receive all the prints from the exhibition (courtesy of Bay Photo Lab), and one of your images will be added our permanent collection, so future visitors can get see what your gallery images.
Note: The deadline for submissions is: September 30, 2017, at 11:59 PM EDT.
Here’s the link to an earlier post with a detailed Q&A on how this all works.
Hope we’ll be welcoming you to your own gallery show very soon! Good luck everybody!
One more thing…
We’ll wrap up with some photos from the opening of the gallery earlier this year:
Have a great weekend!