Call for Entries: Win Your Own Gallery Showing
One of our recent winners works for the police dept. in the UK. One is an Anesthesiologist. One drives trains on the Long Island Railroad. Our next winner could be you.
I’m happy to announce that entries are now open for our gallery competition, and the winner gets their own solo gallery showing at The Gallery at KelbyOne, in Tampa, Florida, (including airfare and hotel for you and a guest).
If you’re thinking there’s no way you could win, that’s exactly what all over previous winners said. The only way you don’t have a chance is if you don’t enter.
Here’s a quick one-minute video with some details:
Here’s how to enter:
- Here’s where you submit a link to your portfolio, or Facebook album, or Flickr page, or online gallery – (we’re looking for a body of work – at least 20 images) Note: this competition is only open to KelbyOne Pro members.
- From the submissions, we will choose a single winner. It could be you. If it is, we’ll fly you and a guest (from anywhere in the world) to the gallery in Tampa, Florida for a solo gallery showcasing your work, where we’ll feature approximately 18 of your images, beautifully printed and displayed by Bay Photo Lab using their amazing Xpozer system.
- The evening of the opening, you will welcome the crowd to a wine and cheese reception held in your honor that evening in the gallery where they can see your work, and get a chance to chat with you in person.
- Following the reception, we’ll move to our theater for an interview with you about your work, your life, your inspirations, and well…you. It will be streamed live around the world (along with behind-the-scenes images of the opening, and photos of your work).
- When it’s all over, you will receive all the prints from the exhibition (courtesy of Bay Photo Lab), and one of your images will be added our permanent collection, so future visitors can get see one of your winning gallery images.
- The deadline for submissions is December 15, 2018, at 11:59 PM EDT.
Here’s the link to an earlier post with a detailed Q&A on how this all works.
Hope we’ll be welcoming you to your own gallery show very soon. Good luck everybody!
One more thing…
We’ll wrap up with some photos from earlier gallery contest winner’s gallery openings:
Hope this inspires you to enter (hey, ya never know) and that it starts off your week right.
P.S. I’m in Atlanta tomorrow with my ‘Photoshop for Lightroom Users’ full-day seminar. It’s not too late to come out and spend the day with me learning some really cool Photoshop stuff. Tickets and details here.